Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sharing some finishes . . .

These finishes were kindly sent to me by Connie (no blog). First is my French Letters Bluebird pattern which can be found here. She resized the pattern for 36 count linen and stitched the letters using Crescent Colours Old Blue Jeans. I meant to ask if she had a photo of the backing fabric but it completely slipped my mind. I love the little bow she added around his neck.

Connie also used several of my free patterns to create a lovely little needle book.


Connie's stitching and sewing is gorgeous but I have to admit I can't take my eyes of that little strawberry scissor's fob. I'm going to have to ask her about that . . . isn't it so sweet?


I love the way she stitched the Peahen's Valentine Freebie. The colors are so different than what I envisioned and looks completely different than what I stitched. I love that! Most of the time when I design something I see it one way only. I adore seeing my designs interpreted by other people and most times I think you guys do a better job of stitching it than I did!


Thank you so much Connie for sending me pictures of your finishes. They're beautiful and seeing them truly did make my day.


I'm redesigning my page for purchasing patterns, or at least trying to. I have a very clear idea in my mind of how I want it to look and function and it's getting there . . . slowly. There have been several times this past week I've just had to walk away from my laptop in order to maintain my sanity! So thank you for your patience as I wrestle with blogger. As always if you are interested in any of my patterns you can always e-mail me at applseedprim@yahoo.com.


xoxo


Jennie Lynn

6 comments:

cucki said...

hi, wow..very lovely stitching from Connie..i really love the sweet needle book and the scissor fob is really so sweet too..i love it so much.
please give her my love and thank you for sharing her stitching with us.
love xx

Dora said...

A nice set of beautiful finishes!
My favorite is the bird. Thanks for sharing.

mdgtjulie said...

I bet it's wonderful to see how others interpret your work, Jennie! Grats to Connie for her finishes. They look professionally done!!

Mouse said...

ooo scrummy finishes :) love the little bird .. isn't it nice when you can show off your designs stitched by some one else .... I have got one of yours to do in the list of projects coming up :) love mouse xxxx

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Connie's pieces are beautiful. I really, really love the French Letters Bluebird design. I should buy it next... it's classic, vintage... I love that about it! I still have the Bluebird Sampler pattern but haven't had the chance to play with it yet. Hopefully soon.

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Huge OOPS!! I'm such a nut! So sorry girl! The Bluebird Sampler pattern was from Threadwork Primitives. I am going to buy your bluebird pattern next, I am so in love with it. I'm such a goober... sorry for the mistake!