Wednesday, March 30, 2011

1852 Peacock

Here is my latest peacock. He will eventually be sewn into a pinkeep but I know I won't get the chance to take out my sewing machine for at least a week and I couldn't wait to show him off :) I used one of the new colors from Gentle Arts. If you haven't tried them yet, they're beautiful!!! It didn't show up so well in the picture but this particular thread is a beautiful shade of pale green The linen is Newcastle Antique White that I stained. The whole piece is very delicate, the colors subtle and aged. I can't wait to get him finished into the pinkeep but . . .

It's going to be busy around here. My oldest daugther is turning 13 in a week. 13!!! I can't believe it. She's been reminding us for over a month now (as if we needed reminding). My husband's birthday is the day before hers; though he's not quite as thrilled as she is. I have one person absolutely ecstatic and another (not so quietly) miserable. Needless to say there will be a lot of cupcakes and balloons in our house in the coming week and if I'm absent from blogging for awhile know that I am buried in wrapping paper and cake batter!

xoxo

Jennie Lynn

6 comments:

primitivebettys said...

A lovely stitch indeed! :) Happy Birthday to your dear daughter & your hubby.

Anonymous said...

Lovely...can't wait to see the finished pinkeep. Happy Birthday to all!

Joy said...

Lovely...soft sweet colors. A teenager in the house...Happy Birthday, she must be so excited.

Daughternature Primitive Folk Art said...

LOL... My daughter just turned 12 the other day and she talked about it for weeks before it arrived. Funny how kids think it is so grand to get older and us parents don't have the same enthusiasm about the year older thing. - BJ

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

I love everything about your 1852 peacock... the design, the colors, the aging... it's beautiful!

Sounds like a very busy time in your household but lots of fun memories being made! =]

Penny said...

Love the peacock stitching and look forward to seeing the finish.....
Happy birthday to your daughter and husband! Lots of fun going on in your house -- seems like kids like to have "birthday month," while us older folks try to let our day slip quietly by!! Hope everyone is happy!