Friday, January 21, 2011

The First Tulips of the Season



My husband and I had a little spat yesterday and in way of an apology he came home from picking up the children from school with these beautiful tulips from the local flower shop. I wasn't terribly angry at him this morning; I was letting go of it, honest. The tulips helped though. They're a hint of spring and on such a sunny day I could almost convince myself that it wasn't thirty degrees outside. Though I have to admit I'm in no rush for winter to end. It's odd how such a little thing can make such a big difference. I had to include a picture of the little card that came with the flowers. My husband's message made me smile but the card itself made me laugh. The flower shop has preprinted cards for anniversaries, birthdays AND for when you're in the doghouse.

I'm working on a new design and hopefully if I'm not too tired tonight I can get the last little stitching done in one area so I can give you a sneak peak tomorrow, so stay tuned.
xoxo
Jennie Lynn

4 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

That card is precious. LOL

Joy said...

I love a husband that knows how to say "I'm sorry"...three little words as important as I love you! I'm not ready for winter to end yet either. Hope you're warm and cozy!

Angie said...

How sweet~love the tulips! I'm not rushing winter either~it's my most favorite season!

Dora said...

The tulips are beautiful! Is the bird one of your designs? It's so sweet and I love the soft colors.